Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Sonata Ring

Yesterday I took a fun, short class on wire wrapping rings at Bead Q. My dear friends Mary Ann and Deb also took the class. We started out using copper to practice with - I had no idea how easy this is.



For the practice ring, I used the bronze Art Wire in 24 gauge for the coil and 18 gauge bare copper wire for the base. I had a great vintage bead from a necklace my great aunt gave me to take apart.


For this beauty, I used 24 gauge wire for the coil and 20 gauge for the base. Deb gave me the gorgeous bead from a strand that she bought at Bead Q - I made the coil part right before I left on this one. When I got home it took me no more than 5 minutes to complete it! Well, then it took a couple minutes more to dip it in LOS and clean up with steel wool. Guess what I'll be making more of?!

No comments:

Post a Comment